You've experienced MySpace and Facebook. Now you're ready to upgrade your social life: Making new friendships, connections, and finding your soul mate. DoTheMatch is unique in its approach to helping you in this most important journey. DoTheMatch is a community of like-minded adults seeking to make new friendships, people connections, dating, and long-term relationships. Our unique matching algorithm (banned in North Korea and Saudi Arabia) utilizes a personality profile developed by Robert Alexander Sarkes. This unique personality profile allows you to choose your matches based on similarity and complementary factors. Remember, this is not just another cookie-cutter online dating site. We won't be sending you 10 to 20 matches a day. Rather, our exclusive approach is more refined, resulting in fewer, but more qualified matches.
Who is Molly Murphy?
Molly Murphy is one of the leading relationship experts we have been privileged to work with. With her vast first-hand knowledge and experience in the science of human personal relationship and an expert in the art of love, Molly brings her own personal as well as studied expertise in helping us refine our methodology and approach to finding quality matches and thus long lasting relationships for our members. Molly has completed her study of over 30 books on the subject of love, sex, and human personal relationships. She is the first to define and categorize the four levels of love that all humans have:
- TRUE LOVE: The highest level of love and the most rarest type. Experienced by less than 5% of all couples. Characterized as having no beginning and no end, and grows more and more with time.
- REAL LOVE: The second highest level of love. Experienced by about 24% of all couples. Characterized as having a beginning, a growth phase, and an end:
Begins with a smile,
Grows with a kiss,
Ends in tears
- SECOND-HAND LOVE: The third level of human love and the most popular. Experienced by a healthy 43% of all couples in a relationship. Characterized as being in a less than ideal relationship. Partners in this level of love share their love with other partners while at the same time maintaining a primary and steady relationship with a committed partner. Relationships in this category as often defined as "relationships of necessity or convenience".
- REGULAR LOVE: The fourth and lowest form of love. Experienced by almost 28% of all couples. This is the kind of love that people have towards each other as a default. Relationships with this form of love lack any meaningful or significant forms of sexual activities or desires. They love each other as-is. Similar to the kind of love that most couples in their 80s and 90s have for each other.
How Does Your Matching Algorithm Work?
Our matching algorithm developed in consultation with Robert Alexander Sarkes allows you to choose your matches based on similarity and complementary factors. Our matching engine doesn't just match people because they have similar character traits. It actually describes and explains complete personality types. As far as we know, it's the only test of its kind. And, the only one grounded in research on the individual characteristics that matter. You'll have the opportunity to use the match results as a search tool to find the exact type of person in which you're interested. Our approach in part is based on some of the same theories that inspired Molly Murphy. We strongly believe our matching algorithm and technique is much more sophisticated and effective than any social networking and romantic matching tool on or off the Internet.
Why is DoTheMatch better?
There are six key differences between DoTheMatch and other social networking and relationship sites:
- True Compatibility: DoTheMatch is based upon years of personal research and study by our advisor, Molly Murphy, a relationship expert with over 20 years of personal experience in human relationships and the art of love. Molly and DoTheMatch have created a more comprehensive, effective approach to identifying true compatibility. Transparency: DoTheMatch explains to its members how the system works, and lets members influence the process by making their own choices about what is important in a future partner. The other site's process is a black box. Members must passively wait until the pre-determined criteria for their match are met. Choice and Flexibility: Other relationship sites also suggest matches to members as DoTheMatch does. However, only DoTheMatch gives members the flexibility to select and search other members based upon criteria they choose. Other sites use a cookie cutter criteria model to decide what they think is important, rather than giving members flexibility. More Evolved Match Engine: DoTheMatch gives its members the most powerful matching algorithm available with a detailed questionnaire. Other relationship sites require the member to answer numerous basic and superfluous questions, taking an hour or more, and even then, don't allow you to search on the results of your test. Search on Your Own Terms: In addition to receiving quality matches, our members can also search the database on their own terms. Other sites require members to wait days some even weeks before they get their first match. Their members are NEVER allowed to search the database on their own.
- Fast Growing: DoTheMatch is becoming one of the fastest growing social networking and relationship sites due to quality matches, choice and flexibility, and personal relationhip advise from Molly Murphy, a testament to greater customer satisfaction, flexible processes, and broader feature sets. Do The Match and Find Your Match!
How do I increase my matches?We use a specific and precise format to identify those who are similar to you and those who complement you. To achieve more matches you can adjust your Questionnaire answers and Profile information, which both affect the matching process. Are there age requirements for DoTheMatch.com?
Yes. All members must be 18 years of age or older.
Do I need to have an photo in my profile?
No. You are not required to have a photo in your profile, but it’s highly recommended. Our own study has shown that a profile with a recent photo is likely to be viewed and read at least 10 times more often than those profiles without a photo. So again, we recommend you upload a recent and accurate photo of yourself. In addition to your matches, can I search for matches myself?By selecting the preferences and characteristics of your ideal match, you can conduct an unlimited number of searches. You can even save these “searches.” Start with a country or state/province or city or zip/postal code, age and gender. You can further narrow your search with physical characteristics, lifestyle practices and relationship desires. Try a variety of searches; you never know where you’ll find your ideal match! How are the emails I send to other members anonymous?
You must use your secure login username and password in order to send or receive email through DoTheMatch.com. Members will only have access to the information you provide in your profile. Personal information is NOT included unless and until you choose to reveal it.
What if I don’t have a username and password?
You’ll need to create a FREE Membership.
How do I change my email address or password?
You can change your email address on the "edit your profile" page. Here you can change some other information including search preferences, address and other preferences about your daily routines, habits, hobbies etc.
After you've made your changes, click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save.
Do you share my information with anyone?
We don’t share any account information with third parties. All information you provide for your account/profile stays with DoTheMatch.com.
What is the purpose behind Instant Messenger, how do i get benefit from it?
This application is a faster way of communicating to other members of the site who are online. Its lists all the members who are online. When you send message, recipient will receive message and would reply. If unfortunately recipient doesn't receive message for some reason, then that message will be send to his onsite message Inbox.
How does "My Matches" works?
My Matches works according to the basic profile and "search preferences" at the bottom of the "edit profile" page.
Do people actually meet on your site? Do they ever get married?
Thousands of people meet on our site daily and go on to date and start relationships. We've also had hundreds of marriages across many borders. To see for yourself, check the site for real stories of real connections.
When someone emails me, where does the email go and how do I respond?
When a member sends you a note, it goes straight into your onsite message Inbox. We then send an email to your personal email address to let you know that it's there.
To read the note, simply login to the site and go to your Inbox. If you decide to write back, simply click "reply", write your own note and send away. Your note will go straight into the member's onsite Inbox, and we'll let them know it's there with an email to their personal email address.
All communications with other members stay onsite so that you never have to give out any personal information until you feel completely ready. Then when you are, you can exchange phone numbers and even meet in person.
How do I edit my profile? How do I hide my profile?
To update your profile, click "Edit Profile" in Members Panel menu. Be sure to save your changes at the bottom of the screen when you're done.
Try to put your best foot forward with at least one photo and snappy, detailed essays about your interests. The photo is key since most people feel more comfortable writing to members they can see. Try to stay positive in your essays and let the real you shine.
To hide your profile, select "No" for the option "Other members can see when I'm online?" on the "Edit Profile" page . Keep in mind, however, that members who are most active on the site keep their profile visible in all places because it ups their chances of connecting with people. And you never know, someone special may be looking for you and never get to find you if your profile is hidden.
When I suspend my membership, does it end my subscription? Can I put my subscription on hold?
No. Once you purchase a subscription, it will remain active for the remainder of your initial term.